As more and more volunteer organizations vie for less and less available time, the need for effective professional management becomes increasingly critical. Many professional associations are turning to firms such as Ideas Inc. with skilled professionals whose goal is to provide management expertise and specialized administrative services in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
It’s a great responsibility to be stewards of an association. Your leadership needs to focus on fulfilling the mission, setting strategic objectives that provide member value. The right management firm can be a partner in achieving those goals.
A great board can make a great association. But it’s not enough to bring together intelligent, passionate people from within your industry. Strong, well-informed leadership is a crucial element in any organization’s success. Effective boards are driven by mission, vision, commitment, and often by objective guidance from an experienced third party.
That’s where Ideas Inc. comes in. We can provide strategic board support and management services to professional societies at all lifecycle stages—from start-up through growth phase and maturity.
Our Association Board Support Services Include:
- Supporting board/committee meetings through agenda planning, travel/logistical support, minutes preparation, creating materials, and onsite management
- Strategic planning sessions for association leaders
- Best practices and management guidance on all facets of association operations
Event & Meeting Management
Despite the emphasis today on building virtual communities and shrinking the world with social networking and collaboration technologies, there is no substitute for the personal interaction that face-to-face events provide. Rely on our events and conference services to manage your association events.
Whether your event has 1,000 attendees or 20, you need flawless logistics and a first-class experience for attendees. We help identify and select event venues, develop and manage event budgets, negotiate room blocks, market to members, process registrations and inquiries, and liaise with A/V vendors, catering and hotel staff.
Our Event & Meeting Services Include:
- Managing in-person, Web and telephonic board, committee and group meetings and events
- Managing event logistics, customer service and on-site coordination
- Developing and managing comprehensive event budgets
- Processing registrations and event inquiries and overseeing on-site registration
- Coordinating A/V needs
Web & Technology Management
For many associations, their website and e-mail communications are the primary touch-point for members. We build and maintain public websites, secure membership and collaboration sites, online registration, and Web content management systems. We also give you the data to better understand your members, their activities, interactions and engagement.
Our Web & Technology Management Services Include:
- Developing and maintaining your public web presence
- Implementing and configuring secure association management technology solutions for managing your organization’s membership and automating financial transactions
- Providing secure collaboration systems for members and their committee work, including discussion forums, document management, balloting, action item tracking and management of group rosters
- Managing online event registration systems to plan and monetize association events
- Providing Web traffic data reports
- Posting and managing corporate documents
Draw on our experience in technology and association communications. We’ll work with you to formulate communication strategies from e-newsletters, speakers’ bureau management, to social media.
Our Constituent Communications Services Include:
- Creating and executing email marketing programs
- Managing all aspects of event marketing, including promotion, on-site collateral and signage
- Speakers’ bureau management and e-newsletters
- Providing in-house editorial and design capabilities
We understand that your members are the lifeblood of all membership organizations. Let Ideas Inc. handle the day-to-day operational requirements -- allowing your organizational leadership to focus their time on strategic issues.
Our Member Management Services Include:
- Answering membership inquiries, providing information to members and prospects and processing membership applications and renewals
- Providing member onboarding kits to new members
- Managing member email announcement lists, e-newsletters and membership renewal campaigns
- Providing monthly membership status and activity reports
Non-Dues Revenue (Sponsorships)
Non-dues revenue (NDR) is increasingly important at many associations. NDR is about more than just advertising and sponsorships – it supports your mission, advocacy, continuing education and outreach.
Experts say 85 percent of a NDR comes from selling exhibit space at tradeshows and events. The other 15 percent comes from sponsorship and advertising. Velvet Chainsaw, an industry leader in association conferences, meeting and tradeshows, say associations are shifting more effort into capitalizing on sponsorships and advertising in response to vendors’ desire to reach potential customers in more meaningful, creative ways. Furthermore, vendors are relying on associations to come up with those creative ways to reach attendees before making a sponsorship investment.
Do you have a three-tiered (platinum, gold, silver) event sponsorship offering? Have you offered the same sponsorship opportunities year after year? Is your sponsorship revenue stagnant or declining?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, your exhibit and event sponsorship offerings may need a facelift. At Ideas Inc., we want to help you explore and develop opportunities for expanding NDR.